Who We Are
By The Rivers is a multi-faith and interfaith life cycle and learning center, designed for the unaffiliated and affiliated alike. We offer engaged learning in a welcoming environment. We are a gathering of master teachers and talented clergy who help individuals connect with their religious tradition, learn about other traditions, and participate in the community by bringing a greater understanding between faiths, and doing social justice work.
What We Do
- Teach classes on religious and spiritual aspects that affect us all. Our teachers are clergy and scholars from many disciplines
- Officiate and celebrate with life cycle events in a wide variety of traditions
- Perform weddings for all, including but not limited to, interfaith and LGBTQ.
- Assist you in marking milestones, such as baby welcoming ceremonies, anniversaries, blessing of new homes.
- Support you at times of loss with funerals and mourning rituals
- Lead Premarital and spiritual counseling
- Provide a regular interview podcast, exploring the people and events focusing on interfaith work in the Twin Cites.
- Organize for community service and social justice work, putting the shared values of our religious traditions into concrete action to improve our community and our world.
- Advise on curricula to help schools and organizations learn about and work with diverse communities.
- Coordinate multi-faith community experiences, such as attending ethnic niche theater performances, book clubs, museum exhibits.
Our Riverboat Learning. Voices on the River II: The Power of Stories
Scenes from recent classes
Most recent Podcast: For this episode we bring you a recording of Rabbi Shavit-Lonstein’s brief presentation at the Nusrat Mosque in MN during Eid Al-Adha, a major Islamic festival celebrating the biblical story of Abraham's willingness to sacrifice his son as a demonstration to loyalty to God..
We have a T-Shirt!
Wear your values on your sleeves, and support our work. Grey, with blue logo on the front and inspirational words on the back. Made of a comfortable 50/50 blend, it wears well. (You can request additional sizes on the order form.)
Sign Up to Connect
Our Clergy Affiliates can provide meaningful ceremonies for all stages of life. We work with you to develop authentic, meaningful events that mark significant transitions, and celebrate community. We welcome all religious traditions; the affiliated and non affiliated alike; interfaith couples and members of the GLBTQ communities.